Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Caves



David wrote Psalm 142 when he was hiding from Saul in the cave of Adullam. Saul was jealous of David and was hunting him down in order to kill him, and David was praying to God for help and deliverance.


In Psalm 142:4 (NKJV), David cried out, "For there is no one who acknowledges me; refuge has failed me; no one cares for my soul."


Have you ever felt the exact same way?


Have you ever felt that the whole world has forgotten you, has forsaken you, and has turned its collective back on you?


If you are feeling that way today, and I know that many of you are, then pray the same prayer of David found in Psalm 142:7 (NKJV), when he cried out, "Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Your name; the righteous shall surround me, for You shall deal bountifully with me."


Even if the whole world has forgotten you, God has not.


Even if the whole world has forsaken you, God has not.


Even if it seems that no one cares for your soul, God does.


Even if you are in a cave today, God will deliver you, and He will deal bountifully with you.






No comments: